Velvetol – 100% bio-based high-performance polyols
VELVETOL® is the answer, if you are looking for a green, safe, effective and compatible replacement for commonly used petroleum-based ingredients and polyols for your final product formulations. VELVETOL® is a family of high-performance polyether polyols made with renewably sourced 1,3 propanediol (Susterra®).
Velvetol can be used when making high-performance thermoplastic elastomers (TPEs), apparel and footwear, performance coatings, ink-jet inks and functional fluids. Compared to petrochemical alternatives Velvetol has a significantly lower environmental footprint, saving 40% in nonrenewables energy consumption and reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 42%.
- 100% sustainable content.
- Low volatile and bio-degradable.
- High thermal heat capacity.
- Hydrolysis resistant, high oxidative stability.
- Water-soluble/insoluble depending on the molecular weight.
- Increases the content of bio-based materials in the end products (up to 80 % in elastomers).
Petroleum-based ingredients and polyols.