Trifilon Switch® - Bio-based plastic polymers
Trifilon Switch® is a bio-based plastic from a leading Swedish biocomposite-maker. Switch uses polymer resins derived from starch, which are plant-based, and reinforces them with industrial hemp fibers from Northern European farms. The blends are available in different ratios, currently from 10 to 30% fiber-fill. Trifilon delivers granulates that can be used in existing injection molding machines. Switch is also available for extrusion molding.
Switch has all its main ingredients derived from renewable feedstocks and can be recycled after use or can be industrially composted. Switch can be colored using standard master-batching. Its plant fibers can be shown off if desired. And it achieves a number of surface finishes, matte or polished.
Reasons to choose Trifilon's materials:
- High performance and lightweight
- Replaces fossil-derived materials
- Reduces carbon footprint
- Organic look with its visible fiber
- Works with standard machines and tooling
- Can be colored using standard masterbatching
- An easy step towards a greener economy
Comment or report this ad to ChemSec